Companies can maximize their return on investment by integrating FloMASTER at every stage of the development process, taking advantage of the data management and collaborative capabilities of this analytical tool. It is used by companies across a wide range of industries to reduce the development time and costs of their thermo-fluid systems. It helps systems engineers to:
Internal Flow Systems, by D.S. Miller, 3rd Edition
“Our team will utilize FloMASTER to analyze a full simulation on our Hardware In the Loop (HIL). This innovative tool will also be used for our vehicle’s complex thermal management system to optimize our vehicle’s efficiency. The use of this tool and its convenience will allow our team to spend less time on these tasks and more time on other complex facets of our vehicle.”Embry-Riddle EcoCar 3团队
“When modelling multi arm junctions such as automotive thermostats and pump housings, characterizing individual flow paths as parallel and independent losses can give rise to 15 to 20% error in predicting mass flow rates through an outlet. This error is eradicated by considering the effect of changes in branch pressure drops with changing flow rates in the other branches. Using FloEFD to perform full spectrum 3D CFD characterization of the housing and integrating inter-dependent flow channel interactions into a FloMASTER N-Arm component improves simulation accuracy, confidence and trust reducing physical testing times and ultimate time to market.”Sudhi Uppuluri, Principal Investigator, Computational Sciences Experts Group
“The use of FloMASTER within ZF Wind Power has resulted in an efficiency way of developing oil distribution networks for wind turbine gearboxes.””乔乐队，设计工程师，ZF风电
Open, Extendable Architecture
- Open API structure allows integration into user product development process including in-house codes, CAE, manufacturing and optimization tools
- Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) support for model export and co-simulation allows FloMASTER models to be shared across other CAE tools during the design process through an independent standard for model exchange.
- 将瞬态事件生成的流体动力学导出为前导管应力分析工具（如SST CaEpipe和Integraph®CaesarII®）的时间历史。
The ‘Experiments’ feature in FloMASTER provides users with the ability to conduct superior ‘what-if’ analyses for 1D thermo-fluid analysis.
- 使用CAD2FM，工程师可以在诸如NX，Solid Edge，Catia，Creo和SolidWork等工具中自动从3D几何中生成FloMaster的系统级模型，将网络创建时间降低至95％。
- Simulation Based Characterization (SBC) allows unique or novel component level designs to be characterized thermally or with respect to pressure drop using 3D CFD in FloEFD. This characterization can then be used inside FloMASTER for more accurate analysis of the overall system behavior.
- OneSim is a tightly coupled co-simulation workflow that enables a 3D CFD model in FloEFD to be considered as part of a 1D CFD FloMASTER network. Such a workflow enables the accuracy of a 3D CFD simulation to be applied to parts that would otherwise be overly simplified when represented as system level components.